My business experience spans over 15+ years working in the corporate and non-profit world advising companies & individuals on how to start, improve and succeed.
CARMEN S. CONSULTING, Owner, On-going clients, Project based Los Angeles 9/2007 – Present
- Financial & organizational management services for creative start-ups, corporate, non-profits and individuals.
- Create WordPress websites, content management – including develop blog content, training materials and webinars, social media, email correspondence and mockup ideas for ad agencies, marketing materials, emails to customers, vendors and hiring freelancers/staff.
- Implement efficiency-based systems to maximize workdays, including remote work using Slack, Google Suite QuickBooks and other SaaS suitable to client needs.
- Generate reports in Excel, PowerPoint, conduct trend analysis, create budgets and explain projections.
- Strategize between multiple projects to complete on deadline and under budget.
- Manage teams, staff, volunteers & supervise client projects as needed.
THE AMR FAMILY FOUNDATION, Executive Director August 2015 – May 2018 (Part-time)
- Directed the formation of grant making strategies that aligned with philanthropic goals and commitments of newly created private foundation.
- Oversaw $30M+ portfolio, managed expense budgets, wrote & developed strategies, implemented plans for both staff, volunteers and Trustees.
- Vetted organizations for funding grants. Wrote detailed reports and presented to Trustees & Investment teams at JP Morgan & Wells Fargo on quarterly basis to meet funding goals.
- Main contact/face of the foundation for all things PR Related, legal, financial, and hired consultants/staff.
- Improved awareness/understanding of philanthropic activities through presentations, writing content, social media posts, etc.
- Supervised, managed, informed staff, volunteers & Trustees to implement our mission.
BRAND NEW SCHOOL Motion Graphics Live Action Company – Los Angeles 12/00-6/07
General Manager, Controller, Director of Human Resources, (Partner)
- Managed all business aspects including Financial, HR and IT departments.
- Implemented office & financial procedures, hired talent as we expanded offices to NY.
- Handled multiple projects/ad agency clients, build-out renovations while staying within budget and delivering on time.
- Negotiated & mediated high profile client issues/situations avoiding further complications & mending relationships.
- University of Vermont, English and Film
- Leadership Award, Published Author, Accomplished Speaker, Executive Producer, Mediator for teams and client issues.
- Microsoft Office, WordPress, Zoom, G Suite, Slack, Mailchimp, QuickBooks ProAdvisor, Bilingual
- B2B, SaaS, Digital Marketing, Blogger, Podcaster (All About The Joy).
- Upward Bound House, Blazer House, BH Literacy Program, YMCA, Boys & Girls Club of America